Child & Spousal Support Lawyer in Broomfield, CO

If you or your ex-spouse move to Colorado or moves out of the state it will affect your divorce agreement. The move may change child custody arrangements, change how you are paid child support and change visitation rights. When dealing with a new state, new laws inevitably apply.

In Colorado, child support payments are based on a set formula. This makes it easy for a lawyer to calculate payments for a wage earner who receives regular W-2s from his or her employer. Calculating child support for a self-employed individual, however, is much more difficult. The income may be seasonal, irregular or poorly documented or pose other challenges.

In addition to 30 years of legal experience, attorney Harold Faletti has a background in financial and business matters. He can help you unravel the tangled financial details and make sure your legal rights are being upheld.

Spousal Maintenance in Colorado

Because Colorado is a no-fault divorce state, the court does not consider marital misconduct when awarding spousal maintenance. The court will, however, consider a number of other relevant factors, including:

  • The financial status of both parties
  • The length of the marriage
  • The standard of living established during the marriage
  • The age and health of the party seeking maintenance
  • The time needed for the party seeking maintenance to gain suitable employment
  • The amount of child support payments being made

Contact a Boulder Spousal Support Lawyer

Whether you need a Boulder alimony attorney or a Broomfield child support lawyer, you can turn to the Faletti Law Office, P.C. We serve clients throughout the northern Denver area of Colorado. Set up an initial consultation by calling our lawyer at 303-438-8477 or by sending us an e-mail. We return all calls promptly.

How Can We Help?

We encourage you to contact us if you have questions concerning bankruptcy, family law, probate or tax law. Attorney Harold Faletti is available to provide personalized attention and address your concerns.